Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ACCEPTANCE........

I read this today because i could feel myself get agitated for really no reason. I have read this before and really want to start reading it twice a day. I hope if any of you can relate and get something from it than great!
"Acceptance is the answer to all of my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation-some fact of my life-unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Unless i accept life Completely on life's terms, I Cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."
I have let other people control how my day is going to go; it's other peoples fault if i get stuck behind someone going slow when i NEED to be somewhere or someone can make a comment and i take it personal or my pre-conceived notions fail me. Well I think you get it, i have been saying this to myself over and over and it definetly makes a difference when i worry about myself i tend to forget about what other people are NOT doing. this has also helped," Love the best in everyone and never FEAR their worst."

4 comments:

Leanne said...

thanks mares, I needed that today!!!

Heidi said...

what great quotes. I think it is so neat how you have learned to deal with situations in your life. what an example you are!

Anonymous said...

You are right, we can only work on ourselves and make ourselves into what we want. We must accept everybody else as they are. Good job, hope your classes are going well. Love Mom

lauraleereber said...

What a great quote. Thanks for calling just to check up on me. I always feel good after you call. Thanks for being such a great example to me. Love you so much!