Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So I was getting ready for work and started reflecting on the past few yrs. That's scary for me to do sometimes. I Just got this burning desire to let my immediate and extended family know how much I love them. I too often try to pretend that the past hasn't happened because i can be pretty selfish but for some reason right now i can't help but feel the past is a good thing for me. I want to believe that I haven't affected anybody by the way I was living but I know that's a lie so I want to apologize for the things I have done that may have affected some of you. I was wrong and very SELFISH! I want to thank my brothers and sisters for having so much love for me and for being great examples of how to live. Thank You mom and dad for staying strong and having such a HUGE devotion to God. I know he has carried you through some of those times. Thank You to my Aunts and Uncles for being there for My mom and especially to you Grandma for being my moms friend. I am coming up on ONE YEAR of SOBRIETY so I guess that's why I am doing some reflecting. I am so glad none of truly gave up on me and most importantly that GOD didn't give up on me. I feel like this is the very beginning of my life and it feels good. I still struggle, not as much or not as long. I have tools today that mean so much to me and I know there's a solution to everything. I have to do the work and for once I'm truly doing the work one day at a time. Well that's enough and I apologize for the wrong choices I have made and Thank You ALL, I Love You!!!

5 comments:

Cameron and Michelle said...

Maryann obviously you are strong enough to overcome what you have gone through or else you would not have been allowed to learn through the challenge of addiction. I also think that our family has been able to learn and grow and still can learn so much from this experience. We all were challenged by this but we all have the opportunity to learn from it as well if we choose to. I know I have grown from this and have learned a lot from you. You are beautiful and have a wonderful husband and a beautiful and sweet daughter. We all struggle with our own challenges and now you can be there for others. Bryson, Brielle, Trey, and Cam and I love you so much! You will always have a special place in our hearts. We feel grateful to have been able to be there for you. Drug court is really a neat program and has taught us a lot as well. I am proud of all that you have accomplished. I was very proud to see you graduate phase 3 and move into phase 4. You deserve to be happy and you need to remember that! Thank you for your comments. They are appreciated. Love, Michelle

Laurie said...

We love you!

Leanne said...

I am so proud of you Mares, each and every day I can see your growth, and I know that you are a strength and inspiration to so many others also. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Maryann for your sincere love and concern for us. We have all learned and grown from what you have been through. Dad and I are especially proud of you and are honored to be your parents. We are all in this together and we all teach each other. We love you very much and pray for "our" continued success. We do thank Heavenly Father every day for our many blessings. Mom and Dad

Heidi said...

The best part of family is that we root for each other. We pray for each other and we stick by each other through thick and thin. You are a doll. We love you and are so glad you are doing well. Way to be! Keep it up... We are all lucky to have such great cousins. I love you!